Thursday, 19 April 2012

Ball-Jointed Dolls

I am not too sure if  you ever heard of  ABJD (Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls) or Super Dollfies, but recently this hobby has been increasing in popularity in Malaysia. Look it up on the great Google if you haven't heard of it. You'll get tones of information!

If you guys know me in person, you all can tell how much I love this hobby!!!

Looks just how pretty they are!

Sadly I know some of my friends find them scary due to their realistic appearance...

If you guys know me in person, you all can tell how much I love this hobby!!!

But it comes with a hefty price as I often go broke *wtf*.

This hobby is not for the halfhearted.  One must be prepared to spend a lot and I mean a lot of $$$. The doll itself could cost as low as $250 to as high as $5000 or more depending on their popularity, availability and customizers *wtf*.

But I still love the pain as I am able to tailor them to my liking. Yay!!

Owners are able to change their doll's eyes, wigs, clothing, body, face up (make up) to suit their taste and personality *awesome*!!

Look just how different one doll could look just by changing their parts.

#1

#2

She is a Volks Megu btw. Here I have changed her clothes, wig and body.

You could even pose them! How great is that!

There are even male ABJDs.

#3

Even he can look different just by changing their parts.

#4

#5 Here I made him look like Rokudo Mukuro from the manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn!


Sadly there are no physically shop that sells them in Malaysia yet.

But if you are interested, you could check the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment